- Connect the JB-199 III Server and the JB-199 III Client to a gigabit switch/hub using LAN ports. For the JB-199 III Server and Client units, use the upper LAN port on the back panel to connect to the switch/hub.
JB-199 III Server Setup
- Confirm the Computer/Account Name/Password in the JB-199 III Server.
- Go to “Cortana or “Start” and type in "Control Panel" followed by Enter. Select "Small icons" in the upper right corner for View by.
- Select User Accounts. Note the name of the administrator account. You can change the name using the "Change your account name" option. “JB-199 III” is the default setup.
- Select "Make changes to my account in PC settings > Sign-in options". There you can change the password for the administration user account. The default setup is no password. When done hit the “Back Button/Arrow”.
- Next Select “System” and note the Computer Name. "CAVSSERVER” is the default setup.
- Configure the “Network Discovery and Share” setting.
- Open the Control Panel and go into “Network and Sharing Center”.
- Click on “Change Advanced Sharing Settings”. You will see three drop down settings.
- In the first drop-down “Private”, make sure Network discovery is turned on with automatic setup check-marked, also make sure that file and printer sharing is turned on.
- In the second drop-down “Guest or Public”, you can apply the same settings as "Private" if this is the Network type you choose .
- In the third drop-down, “128 bit encryption” should be selected. And for the last option, it is recommended to turn off password protected sharing to make the process easier. If you enable this password, be sure to reference the Computer/Account Name/Password information above for connecting to the server later.
- Share the drive with the network
- Go to "This PC" in the Windows File Explorer, right click the (D:) Drive and click "Give Access To".
- Click the drop-down menu to choose someone to share the drive with. The default setup is “Everyone”. Here are the Descriptions of each option:
- Named user: Choose another user account on this computer
- Everyone: Share the item with any user on the network
- Create a new user: Set up a new user account on the computer to share the item with.
- After selecting the user or group to share with, click Add. For easiest configuration, select “Everyone” but it is only recommended on a secure Network.
- Next select the permission type for which the “Read” permission is the minimum (it is also the default option).
- Click Share to make the changes. Click Done to close.
- Open the “File Explorer” and left click on "Network". The Network screen will appear. Under the “Computer” section you will see “CAVSSERVER” (or whatever you named the server PC as).
- Open the "CAVSSERVER", right click “Karaoke Songs”, and select "Map network drive".
- The default setting should have it as Z: to be the drive and has "Reconnect at sign-in" checked, click "Finish".
- Confirm that under the "This PC" on the left, there is a new hard drive named “Karaoke Songs (\\CAVSSERVER\) (Z:)". This is the new network drive from the Server.
- Start the CAVS JB-199 karaoke program and load into My Server the "Master Playlist" from the the folder Z:\Karaoke Playlist. For the details on how to load a playlist or operate the Karaoke program, go to JB-199 III in the User Forum.
JB-199 III Client Configuration
You are now done with setting up the network between the server and the JB-199 III units. Launch the Karaoke program on the JB-199 III client players, test the songs to complete the setup. Be sure to plug in Security Dongles if you have a yearly subscription.
To use the TP-Links router for E-songbooks, plug the TP-Link router (yellow LAN port) into the bottom LAN port (also labeled as TP-Link) at the back panel of the JB-199 III Client units. To add internet to the TP-Link and it's Network, run an ethernet cable from a Switch with Internet to a YELLOW port on the back of the TP-Link.